It’s that time of year again: the time when we all vow to make ourselves better, healthier versions of ourselves. But let’s be real, making those resolutions is way easier than sticking to them. Here at SKYMINT we think you are great just the way you are, but in the spirit of helping you achieve your health and wellness goals here are a few unconventional (and possibly ridiculous) ideas to get you started:
- Take a shot of apple cider vinegar every morning. It’s supposed to have all sorts of health benefits, but let’s be honest, it’s basically liquid fire. If you can make it through that, you can make it through anything.
- Get a pet rock. No, seriously. They’re low maintenance, don’t require daily walks, and will never judge you for that extra slice of pie. Plus, lifting them can count as your daily strength training.
- Install a treadmill in your kitchen. That way, you can multitask by getting your daily steps in while cooking dinner. Bonus points if you can make it to the finish line before the pasta is al dente.
- Invest in a standing desk. Or, if you’re feeling ambitious, a treadmill desk. You’ll be so busy running and working that you won’t even have time to think about snacking.
- Try smoking a Sativa before working out. It could make you more in touch with your body and maybe (no promise) be your motivation to move a little more every day. We recommend Flo or Beng Beng OG.
- Join a dance class, but only do the warm-up stretches. It’s a great way to get your heart rate up without actually having to dance in front of other people. And who doesn’t love a good downward-facing dog?
- Eat all your meals standing up. It’s a simple trick, but it can help you burn a few extra calories and improve your digestion. Just make sure you have good balance because falling over with a mouthful of food is not a good look.
- If all else fails… test your hand at making edibles, it’s fun, easy(ish), and probably tastes better than that apple cider vinegar.
So, there you have it, you officially have NO reason to not get out and try at least one of these ideas. Over here at SKYMINT, we’re going to be doing each and every one (maybe even twice) to ensure we start the new year right. Get out and get after it, people!